Friday 11 September 2015

LEADING TODAY NOT TOMORROW (INSPIRING)


SPEECH LIKE POETRY
It is said that, “we the youths are the leaders of tomorrow”,
 but I am not okay with this statement, I am challenging it telling the youths to WAKE UP!!! 
…to my NIGERIAN youths.

*What is LEADERSHIP? If I may ask
*Some don’t know, yet we ask for what we don’t know,
  Give us good leadership we say,
we need true leaders in the country
We need true leaders in the community
We need true leaders in the class & schools
We need true leaders in our sports.

SELAH
*We say & they also say, WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW,
this is the excuse we give for not being responsible for our lives,
or the nice lies they tell us, to unconsciously make us retarded.
*For as we know it, tomorrow never comes, or have you ever heard
“Yesterday was Monday and today is tomorrow”
*It’s like seeing a pool from a far distance, in the middle of a desert
only to get near & discover that it was only an illusion, an
impossibility in nature.
*So is the idea of leading tomorrow,
which eventually drifts away into the abyss of hopelessness.

SELAH
*The youths, LEAD TODAY!!! NOT tomorrow.
*Tomorrow is the future, but little did we know,
that the future of yesterday is today.
*The future is not a time zone that is yet to come.
the future is everything we can be & have not yet become,
the future is everything we can do & have not yet done,
the future is here & now.

SELAH
*The day that matters most in your life is TODAY,
*Today is the day I can begin my journey to greatness, not tomorrow
*Today I begin to carve my legacy on the rocks of time
*Today I begin to write the history of tomorrow,
so I can make future generations proud of their history.
*Today I take that step & leap of faith facing challenges for a better
tomorrow.
*Today I make the decisions that will shape my tomorrow &
make my society a better place than yesterday.
*Today I make decisions to diligently watch and pray for a good &
adorable wife,
so that I may receive favour from the lord .
*Today I make decisions to be a better man for my wife & kids
tomorrow.
*Today is the day that matters most in my life,
*Is today that day for you?

SELAH
*Every day I strive to be a man,
that loves wisdom, justice, fairness, equity & integrity.
*Why not I lead today? So the man who loves wine, foolishness,
injustice & stealing will not rule over me.
*Yet I am afraid to take action to lead, are you too?
*I love to enjoy my life, than to take responsibility for the better good.
who doesn’t love life.
*But not until I & you take action to lead,
we can never shape a better tomorrow for ourselves & kids.

(Short pause)
*Yet it comes with a price, nothing good comes free & easy.
*We say SALVATION is free, but it cost the FATHER His SON to redeem
us to Him.
*We say the gospel is free, but it cost money to print the scripture of
the gospel, called the BIBLE.
*LEADERSHIP IS COSTLY, but the PRICE is worth it, in the END.
*WHY NOT LEAD TODAY AND NOT TOMORROW, so you can get the
price quickly, my NIGERIAN youths…


Akinwale Z. Segun
Click to Join me on

Facebook

Twitter

No comments: